Samstag, 4. Oktober 2014

How to Use This Yarn?

In June I bought a skein of variegated yarn - with colours ranging from white over yellow, orange and red to light- and dark-blue. Here's a selection of my failed attempts, i.e. ideas that I didn't really like - another one is in this blog post :/


Yesterday, I decided that I would try something modular - that way yarn of one colour would be close :) For the modules, I basically used the same almond shape as in the Almendra scarf. But I added a little hole (4 stitches wide) in the center of each "almond". So far, it's the best I've tried with this yarn ... now I only have to decide whether it will be a triangular shawl or a rhomboid wrap ... hmm, difficult ...

4 Kommentare:

  1. Amazing! I love how you worked through this process. Thank you for sharing it. Will you be posting pattern for shawl? I have a similar yarn that I would like to experiment with this pattern.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you ... I'm still not so sure about it. Somehow the colours seem lovely on the skein, but everytime I start knitting with it, they somehow add up the wrong way ...
      Well, if ever I finish something with it, I will publish it :)

      Löschen
  2. Beautiful shawl! Yarn is perfect for Entrelac! Have you tried it yet?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you!
      No, I haven't tried Entrelac, yet - might be a good idea ... actually, I am beginning to think that the colour combinations from this yarn look somewhat strange after a few repeats - even if (or especially) if I try something modular (see here my progress on this one: http://ravel.me/sybilra/fs )

      Löschen