This work by Knitting and so on is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- a total about 45 grams of DK weight yarn (in two colours)
- 4.5 mm dpns
Here are the modifications to the original pattern:
- CO7 in MC
- do increase (to widen thumb panel) in rows 16 and 26
- do thumb increases in rows 32, 34, 36, 38 - move 11 sts to scrap yarn in row 40
- do decrease (to narrow thumb panel) in row 47
- BO thumb panel in row 58
- Pick up 30 sts from side => 31 sts on needles
- When first knitting a row down the side: k3 pm k8 pm k8pm k8 pm k4 (to mark the beginnings and endings of sections - the sections are 8 sts wide).
- Knit MC rows in stockinette stitch (i.e. k on RS, p on WS)
- There are only 4 down sections and 4 up sections
- for thumb pick up 3 sts from above gusset
- knit 4 rounds of garter stitch (i.e k 1 round, p 1 round) and BO